Isadore Goldman, with offices in London, Norwich and Portsmouth, have a long-standing national reputation as a specialist boutique solicitor’s practice dealing with insolvency and restructuring matters. The firm has been recognised as a leader in this field for many years by both Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. We also have a thriving commercial practice with specialist property and company & commercial teams that deal with advisory and transactional work.
All of our lawyers share reputations for being at the top of their game.
The firm offers competitive salaries, which are dependant on experience. The right candidate can expect to join an outstanding team which continues to build on its exceptional reputation. Candidates fulfilling these criteria are encouraged to send their CVs in complete confidence to [email protected]
Legal Practice Manager
Position: Legal Practice Manager
Location: Portsmouth or Norwich
Holiday entitlement: 25 days
The role: You will be joining the firm as an integral part of the management team and will play a leading role in the future development of the firm, helping to develop smoother operating processes and generally ensuring the efficiency of the of the firm's operation.
ABOUT ISADORE GOLDMAN / ISADORES
Isadore Goldman Limited is a boutique solicitors practice that operates under two brands.
- ‘Isadore Goldman’ is a specialist boutique bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring practice. It is one of the leading UK law firms in this sector. Our insolvency and restructuring lawyers are considered experts in their field and are consistently recognised in both Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500. They have built up many years of experience in advising a wide range of clients in relation to all forms of insolvency and restructuring procedures and related disputes.
- ‘Isadores’ is a business focused practice specialising in corporate/commercial, property and litigation services.
Our model is about a true hands on, high quality service led by our experienced senior lawyers, rather than the traditional large firm offering where most work is delegated down to juniors. All our lawyers are expected and encouraged to be creative problem solvers and to work in a manner that maintains a hard-won reputation as an exceptional, outcome-focused law firm. With offices based in London, Norwich and Portsmouth we cater to a clientele across the UK and around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Legal Practice Managers are the operational backbone of any law firm, providing a demandingly diverse skills mix ranging from people management and marketing to finance, facilities and administration.
We are seeking a highly motivated, organised and detail-oriented individual to join our growing practice, based in either our Portsmouth or Norwich office. The Legal Practice Manager will work closely with business stakeholders at all levels of the company. As our Legal Practice Manager, you will be key in creating and managing processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal, compliance, and business teams, facilitate change, and control costs.
You must be a self-starter who is able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating and implementing action plans. You must enjoy the responsibility that comes with owning problems and finding solutions.
This will be a leading role, where you will help to ensure that standards are met generally for all staff on levels of professionalism and to be an ambassador internally and externally for the firm as a whole. You will need to have proven leadership / management skills, ideally gained at a substantial legal or similar professional organisation.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilities management
- Health & Safety
- Policies & procedures
- Project management – including implementing and managing the following forthcoming projects:
- New IT systems
- New phone system
- ISO 9001 certification
- Ability to maintain accurate records and report project metrics using meticulous attention to detail and organisation
- Proven experience approaching problems creatively and analytically, remaining adaptable to a changing business landscape
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team, leveraging effective communication, strong writing and customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience developing processes and training that drive team efficiency and transparency
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced scale-up environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines
- Proficient in business applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, document management systems, and enterprise software
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree, GDL and/or LPC helpful but not essential
- Prior experience of running and implementing IT and ISO projects helpful but not essential
- Proven leadership / management skills, ideally gained at a substantial legal or similar professional organisation
- Prior experience of law firm management and operations
- Prior experience developing, maintaining and implementing processes and policies
- Prior experience with legal technology solutions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to demonstrate a natural affinity and empathy with clients and referrers
- Ability to present well to both internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively as a leader and team player
BENEFITSOF WORKING FOR ISADORE GOLDMAN
We offer our employees various benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private health care
- Flexible working (subject to our core hours)
- Annual pay review
- 25 days holiday (excluding public holidays)
- Company phone
- A discretionary bonus
To apply for the role please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected].
Please note, there is no deadline attached to this job posting and we reserve the right to amend or remove the position as necessary.
Experienced Legal Assistant / Paralegal
Isadore Goldman, with offices in London, Norwich and Portsmouth, have a long-standing national reputation as a specialist boutique solicitor’s practice dealing with insolvency and restructuring matters.
The firm has been recognised as a leader in this field for many years by both Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. We also have a thriving commercial practice with specialist property and company & commercial teams that deal with advisory and transactional work.
All of our lawyers share reputations for being at the top of their game.
As a result of the continued growth of the team, the firm is now seeking an experienced Legal Assistant /Paralegal to join the hardworking but friendly team at our Portsmouth office (Port Solent).
The role would be to act as a legal assistant/paralegal to the Insolvency & Restructuring team.
The candidate will provide administrative support and legal assistance to the team. This will involve legal work (including research, liaison with clients and preparation for Court hearings) and administrative office work.
The role will be best suited to applicants with a law degree and/or LPC qualification. Applicants must have excellent organisational and time management abilities, and a genuine ability to support a busy litigation team. Exceptional attention to detail is vital. Applicants will need to be excellent team players, capable of hitting the ground running with minimal supervision. The successful applicant will be competent with Microsoft Word and Excel and will have proficient IT skills.
Previous experience of civil litigation, debt recovery and/or insolvency is helpful but not essential.
The candidate will also need to hold a full driving licence and have their own transport.
The firm offers competitive salaries, which are dependent on experience.
The right candidate can expect to join an outstanding team which continues to build on its exceptional reputation. Candidates fulfilling these criteria are encouraged to send their CVs in complete confidence to Magdalena Wegrzyn at [email protected]
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2022 from the team at Isadore Goldman. #christmas… https://t.co/KpWFaUv2yG22nd Dec 2021 13:31:15
In our latest Technical Insolvency Bulletin, we look at the new provisions which form part of The Finance Act 2020… https://t.co/fKnMhe8Ud91st Nov 2021 08:24:54