Isadore Goldman, with offices in London, Norwich and Portsmouth, have a long-standing national reputation as a specialist boutique solicitor’s practice dealing with insolvency and restructuring matters. The firm has been recognised as a leader in this field for many years by both Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. We also have a thriving commercial practice with specialist property and company & commercial teams that deal with advisory and transactional work.
All of our lawyers share reputations for being at the top of their game.
The firm offers competitive salaries, which are dependant on experience. The right candidate can expect to join an outstanding team which continues to build on its exceptional reputation. Candidates fulfilling these criteria are encouraged to send their CVs in complete confidence to email@example.com.
Corporate Finance Solicitor (1-10 yr PQE) (Norwich or Portsmouth)
Our sister brand, Isadores has an extremely exciting opportunity to become a part of its rapidly growing Corporate Legal Team in either of its Norwich or Portsmouth offices. They are interested to hear from lawyers of all qualifications who have experience in Corporate and Finance transactional work.
Isadores is a transactional-focussed Boutique Law Firm with a clear focus on providing the very best service to its discerning client-base. Isadores was born off the back of our continued success as a market leading Boutique Insolvency firm. The vision for Isadores, which is well underway, is to match our market-leading status in the solvent Corporate arena.
Isadores are looking for highly ambitious, dedicated, and talented lawyers who share its deep passion for being involved in transactions.
Isadores offer a flexible and remote working model.
Candidates fulfilling these criteria are encouraged to send their CVs in complete confidence to Nathan Muskett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Team Assistant – Full Time – Port Solent
Isadore Goldman’s busy Portsmouth team seek an enthusiastic, professional and organised Legal Team Assistant, to support our specialist insolvency litigation and restructuring lawyers.
Position: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, permanent
Salary: £20,000-£25,000 dependant on experience
We are a firm of specialist insolvency and restructuring lawyers based in London, East Anglia (Norwich) and the South of England (Portsmouth) and working with clients based across the UK and overseas. Although a small firm, we strive for ‘the very best’ in all we do, including providing an excellent service to clients, and support and opportunities to our people.
Your main responsibility will be to provide comprehensive legal administrative support for the Portsmouth team’s fee earners. This will involve interaction with colleagues, clients and others, in a dynamic role.
The applicant should demonstrate previous experience in a legal support role, ideally with a litigation focus, together with competent use of a case management system, legal billing and typing (ideally audio typing). The ideal candidate will also have strong administrative, IT and organisational skills, together with a positive outlook, “can do” attitude, and collaborative approach.
Duties will include:
- The accurate preparation of correspondence and documents, including in Word and Outlook (and including audio typing, where required).
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post and deliveries.
- Making all necessary financial postings.
- Preparing bills.
- Assisting with client take on, and the preparation of letters of engagement.
- Filing (both hard copy and electronic) and the opening, closing, storage, and retrieval of client files.
- Making appointments, arranging meetings, and maintaining diaries for fee earners.
- Assisting with the preparation of events.
- Attending on clients, both in person and on the telephone, in a professional and friendly manner, in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Preparing bundles for hearings and trial.
- Filing forms and other documents with Companies House, HM Land Registry and the courts.
- Working in tandem with all staff, across all offices, to ensure best practice.
Skills and qualifications
Our secretaries and legal assistants play a key role in delivering ‘the very best’ client service. We are looking for a friendly and diligent problem solver with the following attributes:
- Previous legal support experience, ideally within litigation (strong candidates with experience in other areas will also be considered).
- The ability to remain calm, polite and focused, including when dealing with difficult situations and under pressure.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload, including dealing with competing demands and deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- The ability to support multiple fee earners.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge and comprehensive use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and one or more case management systems.
- A pragmatic and willing attitude.
- A strong desire to support the team.
- Private health insurance
- Free car parking
We offer a competitive salary, dependant on experience, which will be discussed with candidates during the recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunities firm, committed to ensuring an inclusive and supportive recruitment process. We embrace and promote diversity and understand the value it adds to both the firm and our clients.
If you have the above attributes and are looking to join a friendly, vibrant team, then please send your CV to email@example.com for immediate consideration.